Pages

Sunday 16 November 2014

One Big Haul

Over the last couple of weeks my bank balance has taken quite the thrashing due to a lot of beauty purchases in an array of different stores. These stores have included Boots, Asda, The Body Shop and Lush. The Lush shopping trip was so large that I have actually saved that for a separate post!! Now let's get into the haul ...



The first place I ventured was Boots. This is obviously every beauty obsessives first stop on pay day and I am certainly no exception! The reason I actually went into Boots was to pick up the new Barry M Glitterati Nail Polishes, I had brought them a couple of weeks ago for my Sister in Law and they looked amazing so I knew I would have to pick them up for myself. I ended up with the colour 'Starlet' which is an amazing vibrant pink and 'Fashion Icon' which is a beautiful Cadbury's purple colour. I was in for some luck while purchasing my nail polishes as Boots also had a special offer on all Barry M cosmetics where you spend more than £7.00 and you get a free Barry M Showgirl Mascara! The packaging on this is so pretty, it's a really girly pink metallic colour, the brush looks nice and big too so it should give some good volume!

While in Boots I took a little look over at the Benefit stand, I don't know whether I can say it was my lucky day or my unlucky day as they had just stocked all the new Christmas gifts! Of course I had to give myself one little treat so I decided on the Sweet Tintations Gift Set. This set includes:
  • Bene Balm
  • Bene Tint 
  • Lolli Balm 
  • Lolli Tint
All of them look great, they are all very natural pinky tones. Nothing too crazy at all, I think it would make a really nice Christmas gift for anyone how likes a nice subtle make-up look.


Next I moved on to Asda which you may think is a bit of an odd place to pick up any beauty items but Supermarkets are actually fast becoming a big contender for places like Boots and Superdrug in the beauty department. They really are starting to stock more beauty products and there prices are extremely competitive. The first thing I grabbed while doing my 'big shop' was a bit of a shock to me as I really didn't except to see it in a Supermarket, it was the Real Techniques Powder Brush. I love Real Techniques brushes and this was the perfect edition to my brush collection. Next up I found myself in the hair care aisle, here I came across the new Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. The bottle says it's for fine, flat hair and gently cleanses giving natural volume. This sounded like everything I wanted in a shampoo and conditioner! Lastly was a repurchase, the Nivea in Shower Moisturiser. This is basically the lazy persons moisturiser, all you do is coat it on in the shower like you would a shower gel and then wash it off. You then get out of the shower with silky soft skin.



Last but certainly not least I ventured into The Body Shop. This was a very specific visit, I have been waiting for the Honey Comb Bronzing Powder in Light to be back in stock for forever and finally it was my time! People have been raving about this bronzer for such a long time that I really wanted to know if it was worth the hype. I have never tried any make-up items from The Body Shop but hopefully if all goes well this won't be my last!

I hope you enjoyed reading about my long list of purchases, sorry it was so long! What have you been buying recently? Have you been on any crazy shopping spree's around the aisles of Boots?

Yasmin xoxo




6 comments:

  1. I am in love with the new Barry M nail polish collection bought loads since Superdrug has the 3 for 2 on would be rude not to. Great post xox

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just purchased the body shop's honey bronzer too! I've had the powder brush for a while and I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the honey bronzer been using that for a while and its really great. The benefit gift set seems really nice, I might have to go and pick it up for myself.
    Zeynab x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love DOVE products!

    Please let me know if you would be interested in following eachother on GFC and Bloglovin.Would love to stay in contact.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't tried body shop's honey bronzer, i must remember to pick it up next time I'm there!

    Charlotte from TheGoodowl.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Real Techniques brushes, and I think the benefit set looks great. I like that benefit do sets that work out a lot cheaper so you can give things a good shot before really committing to a product

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete