Pages

Friday 17 October 2014

Daily Make-Up Routine

I try and keep my daily make-up routine as minimal and quick as possible, this is mostly because I would really rather that extra 10 minutes in bed than spending it on an overly complicated facial routine. I do use quite a few products but I stick to a no faff rule with them all.



1. Rimmel Match Perfection Light Perfecting Radiance Foundation - I simply apply one pump of this onto the back of my hand and then use my fingers to blend it into the skin. This gives a medium coverage but it can be built up.



2. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer & Benefit Fake Up - I first use the collection lasting perfection concealer on any blemishes (usually around my chin) and also around my nose where I tend to get a bit of redness. I then again blend this with my fingers. I then go in under the eyes with Benefits Fake Up which is a moisturising concealer an blend that in with my ring finger.



3. Elf Pressed Powder, Elf Professional Total Face Brush, Bourjois Bronzing Powder & Real Techniques Buffing Brush - I have been finding that due to my full fringe I can get a very oily t-zone so this is where the Elf Pressed Powder comes in, it just gives a more matte finish that I know will stay that way. I apply it using the corresponding Elf Professional Total Face Brush, not the best brush i have ever used but it does the job. Once I have done a once over with the pressed powder I go in with my Bourjois Bronzing powder and just add a touch to my temples, jaw line and the hollows of my cheeks to give a bit of definition. I do this using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, unlike the Elf Brush this is the best brush I have ever used!



4. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Precision Micro Eyeliner, Rimmel Glam'Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara & Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara - For eyes I just go in with a super fine line on my upper lases nothing to crazy that could potentially go wrong. It's every girls worst nightmare to be re-applying complex eyeliner 20 times over! I then put a coat of the Rimmel Day 2 Night mascara on my top lashes. This mascara has two applicators in one, the first is for lengthening and the second is for volume. I tend to just use the lengthening applicator for day to day wear as i find it is all i need. Then for my bttom lashes I use the Clinique Bottom Lash mascara, this is a complete novalty item that is not really needed at all as a normal mascara does the same job but it is fun and novel to use!



5. Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Blusher in Berry Jamm & Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush in 110 Make Me Blush - I always love to have a nice bright pink on my cheek for the daytime I find it gives you a nice natural flushed look. For this I use the Sexy Mother Blusher by just dabbing it onto my cheeks and then blending with my fingers, the trick with this product is to go in small and then build it up. Then finally on the lips I just use a swipe of Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush lip crayon. This can be built up for a more opaque look but I find just a swipe give you a your lips but better look.


So that is my day to day routine, extremely simple yet very effective! I would love to know the products you guys use on a daily basis and how you apply them. Let me know in the comments below. Have you used any of the products I mentioned but applied them in a different way for a different look? 

Yasmin xoxo

4 comments:

  1. you've got a lovely selection of products! I always find it interesting seeing what products other bloggers use on a daily basis x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, I think it really does tell you what products someone really does love.

      Yasmin xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love the Fake Up Concealer!!!!! Luv it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my absolute favourite concealers, I am so sad that I have run out of it. I will be going to purchase a new one very soon though!

      Yasmin xoxo

      Delete