Pages

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Bedside Table Essentials

I thought that seen as my favourite place in the world and probably where I spend most of my time was my bed it would be appropriate for me to do a post about my bedside table essentials. I like to keep a good amount of things on top of my bed side table mostly so I don't need to move when I'm all cosy and snuggled up.



Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Balm
If you read my Friday Favourites post you will know how much of a fan I am in general of the original eight hour cream. The lip balm came as part of a set when I brought the eight hour cream and I absolutely love it! I know a lot of people say that the eight hour cream is amazing for the lips but I find the lip balm is even better, it's so smooth and moisturising and it also doesn't have such a potent scent like the cream. I use this every night, hence why it is on my bedside table and will stay there until there is no more!

Hairbands & Bobby Pins
Every night before I go to bed I have to put my hair up. It's not like I have particularly long or thick hair or anything I just cannot seem to sleep with my hair down, I find it really irritating. Just before I go to sleep I like to scrape my hair up into a really high ponytail and then bobby pin my fringe and any stray hairs at the back of my head. I always think it's all very secure and then I wake up and I find my hairband and both bobby pins in random places in my bed. This still doesn't stop me doing the same thing every night #girlproblems.

Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream
As a girl with ridiculously dry skin I can never be without a multitude of different lotions and potions to help moisturise my skin and a hand cream is just one of them. Currently on my bedside table I have the Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream. I got given this by my mum as she had accumulated about ten and just wasn't getting through them! As hand creams go it is very luxurious and has a very nice scent, it is great on my dry skin too. I would say though if you don't have extreme dry skin this might just be a bit too oily for you.

Kindle
I always have my kindle on my bedside table in the hopes that it will motivate me to get off of twitter and read a good book! I'm not going to lie this doesn't often happen, the last book I read on here was called 'Room' by Emma Donoghue and I could not put it down. The book is through the eyes of five year old who has never set foot into the outside world. I won't say any more as I don't want to ruin it for anyone who wants to read it. All I will say is it kept me away from twitter for a good week!

Yankee Candle
I absolutely love having a candle on my bedside table, not just for the beautiful scents but also for the atmosphere they create. It makes me feel so relaxed to have my bedroom lit by candles instead of having it lit by the harsh ceiling light. At the moment I am burning the last of my Yankee Candle in Sun & Sand, it's a musky natural scent that fills the whole room. It's not a scent that I would usually go for but I have to say that I have really enjoyed burning this over the past month.

Aveeno Skin Relief
The final thing I have to hand on my bedside table is a huge bottle of Aveeno Skin Relief. This is just perfect for me to pump out and then slather all over my skin before bed, it sinks into my skin so quickly I don't have that annoying damp feeling for an hour after I have applied it. It's just easy to throw on and jump into bed.

That is everything that you can see on my bedside table (apart from the giant alarm clock and before you ask no is does not have any batteries in it so is not functioning thankfully!). What do you keep at arms reach when you're in bed?

Yasmin xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment